All About Air Filters
Air filters play an essential role in keeping air conditioners running properly and keeping the air in homes healthy for families to breathe. They collect particles from the air, reducing dust, dirt, and allergens from the air. Keeping air filters clean and replacing them on time can help keep AC systems running efficiently and keep households healthy, so this post will discuss their importance and how often they should be changed.
What Do Air Filters Do?
Air filters play an essential role in air conditioners. Some of their critical functions include:
- Capture and remove allergens from the air, including dust, pollen, and pet dander.
- Prevent dust and contaminants from circulating within homes and inside the air conditioning system.
- Absorb odors and volatile organic compounds (VOCs) that contribute to indoor air pollution and unpleasant smells.
- Protect the AC system’s components, including the fan, coils, and ducts, from dirt, dust, and debris buildup.
- Extend the lifespan of the air conditioner.
- Create a cleaner and healthier indoor environment by reducing airborne particles and contaminants.
How Often Do Filters Need to Be Replaced?
Homeowners must regularly perform or schedule air filter replacements to keep them working correctly, keep HVAC units operating as expected, and keep the air in a home clean. AC contractors generally recommend changing filters at least every three months. However, this timeline can be shorter based on specific circumstances, including:
- The level of pollution or contaminants in the area.
- The number of people and pets in a home.
- The efficiency and type of filter being used.
- Seasonal changes in air quality.
- Any respiratory concerns or allergies within the household.
To determine how often AC filter replacements are needed, homeowners can ask HVAC technicians. They can evaluate the best timeline for filter replacements based on the type of filter, the home’s environment, and manufacturer recommendations.
What Are the Benefits of Replacing Air Filters on Time?
Replacing dirty air filters on time and as recommended can have many benefits for homeowners and households. Some of these advantages are:
- Improved indoor air quality: Clean filters can fully capture particles, allergens, dust, and other debris from the air, resulting in healthier air for household residents to breathe.
- Reduced allergy symptoms: Fresh filters will collect pollen, pet dander, mold, and other particles more effectively to reduce allergy and asthma symptoms for families.
- Efficient HVAC system: Clean filters allow air conditioners and heaters to have better airflow and work more efficiently, using less energy and reducing energy costs.
- Extend HVAC lifespans: New filters capture debris that can negatively affect heaters and AC systems, reducing wear and tear and extending the lifespan of the equipment.
If property owners need assistance replacing dirty AC filters or determining the correct type of air filter for their system, they should consult an HVAC contractor.
About North Point Air Conditioning & Heating
North Point Air Conditioning & Heating has over four decades of experience serving Spring and the surrounding areas. They offer straightforward pricing, the latest technology, and a beneficial membership program. Call them today for air filter replacement in Spring, TX.